Saturday 11 November 2017

Privacy?

Privacy is a hot topic these days. Big data - the collection of multiple sources of data, and the piecing of it all together to give a  comprehensive picture of each one of us, is causing people concern. It's really the end of privacy as we once knew it.

That aside, there is one area which is even more extreme in its lack of privacy than big data, and yet, I am grateful for it. It actually gives me a feeling of peace and freedom. 

That lack of privacy is the Lord. There is absolutely not one iota of anything about us  that is private. Not one thought, dream, action, word... nothing.

But..  God will NEVER use any of it against us. Ever. In fact, He knows it all, and loves us anyway. So much that He took the penalty for every single thing we wish was private!

From the time I became a Christian, this knowledge that God knows everything about me, has been one of the most freeing and reassuring understandings of my faith. There is nothing He could find out about me, that would ever affect my relationship with Him. Nothing will ever take Him by surprise or change His mind about loving me. No privacy.  Nothing hidden. No masks.
No worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment